I found out about the very inspiring blogger award yesterday after being nominated by the fabulous Carmen of Carmen’s Travel Tips. My blog is fairly new and it’s my first time being nominated for something like this so it’s very exciting and I couldn’t wait to pay it forward to some other new (and not so new, but deserving) bloggers.
So the rules are, upon nomination,
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers.
- Notify these bloggers of the nomination and the rules
Easy enough right? So seven things about me, this part feels a bit self-indulgent, but here it is…
- I really love to dance. I majored in dance in college and I now teach ALL THE TIME! It’s great though, there are definitely worse jobs. Right now I’m teaching, ballet, tap, jazz, and ballroom (but ballet’s my very favorite)
(these are my students doing the first pointe piece I ever choreographed, Michael Jackson’s Beat It)
2. When I was 22 I bought my dream car, a 1957 Chevy 210
3. In 2010 I lost my other favorite car ever, a purple 1995 Toyota Celica Convertible named Purple Rain when I was rear ended by a church bus while stopped in traffic. I still regularly search the internet and entertain the notion of purchasing another just like it.
4. I have 2 dogs, a greyhound named Anubis, and a mutt named Isis.
5. When I was 17 I went to Australia on a school trip and lost my passport at the airport on the way back. I had to stay an extra day in Sydney with my anatomy teacher’s mom so I could go to the embassy and get a new one.
6. I’ve moved 12 times in the past 10 years and somehow I’ve still managed to accumulate an absurd amount of stuff.
7. I did the Disney College Program in 2005 at the Jungle Cruise and it was without a doubt the best job I’ve ever had. If the Jungle Cruise paid a decent wage, I’d work there forever and every skipper I know says the same thing. Of all the things I’ve done in my life I’m probably most proud of being a skipper. It’s impacted my life more than anything else so far and it’s a really great group of weirdos to be a part of.
Now, on to my 15 nominations…drum roll please…
- As We Saw It
- Backpacking Diplomacy
- Beyond My Front Door
- Chasing the Donkey
- Fractions of the World
- Girl In London
- Kasey Knows Orlando
- My Tan Feet
- Our Big Fat Travel Adventure
- Southwest Compass
- Wine With Lisa
Those are some of the bloggers I find inspiring. Read and Enjoy!